Subject: iRiver H-100 Series Remote Interface

iRiver H-100 Series Remote Interface

From: Erik Bolton <ebolton_at_cox.net>
Date: 2004-11-28

Hey All:

I'm wanting to build a PC interface to my iRiver using the small 6-pin
data connector that the remote hooks up too. I'm assuming that because
of the current draw on the remote's LCD atleast two of the pins are VCC
and maybe one or two grounds in addition to a set of send and receive
pins. I have no idea what the actual pin layout is, however. I was
wondering if anyone knew?

I was also curious if you guys had any idea what commands the remote
sends/receives and how the data is packaged. My end goal is to build a
docking cradle for my iRiver to put in my car and eventually write some
custom software to control the iRiver with an LCD (basically a larger
remote). Looking forward to the new firmware.

Thanks!

-Erik Bolton