Subject: V2 not recognised properly by PC - "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

V2 not recognised properly by PC - "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

From: Spam Account <espammy_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2004-11-29

Reposting this. Any help much appreciated.....Please email me
directly. Thanks!

I have a V2 Archos Jukebox with Rockbox CVS 041111 installed. When I
turn on the device (at this point, not connected to my PC) I get the
error "error accessing playlist control file." I've been using this
unit for several months. I flashed it at version 2.0. Apart from the
playlist control file error, it plays my mp3s fine.

When I plug in to my workstation or laptop, however, the drive doesn't
appear. This just started recently. I open Admin Tools > Computer
Management > Disk Management. It takes about 3 mins for the Logical
Disk manager to figure out there's a drive connected but it then
reports it as having 18.63GB free, which is not the case. 18.63GB is
what windows reports as being the entire disk size, but I have over
10GB of mp3s on the jukebox. I cannot open the drive (E:) in explorer
- gives the error "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

Is there any way I can get the jukebox recognised by my PCs again
without reformatting?

Any help much appreciated! Thanks in advance!