Subject: Re: How easy to swap Hard drives on iRiver?

Re: How easy to swap Hard drives on iRiver?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <>
Date: 2004-12-02

Mat Holton wrote:

> Hello all!
> I am currently thinking about getting an iRiver as my brother is
> selling one (hopefully at a reasnable price!) The thing I want to
> know is how easy is it to replace the 20G Hd on an iRiver with a much
> larger one. My Archos has 20G but I need about 40.

The iRiver has a 1.8" drive, and the largest one available is 40GB. I
have heard about 60GB drives, but I'm not sure if they are available yet.

The problem is that the 40GB drive is thicker, and won't fit in the case
of the H120. So you will be stuck with 20GB if you buy the H120, at
least until the hard drive manufacturers find a way to make
single-platter 1.8" 40GB drives...

BTW, changing the hard drive isn't that hard, no soldering is required