Subject: Replacement Unit from Archos

Replacement Unit from Archos

From: Seth Fischer <sh.fischer_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:42:48 +0000

Hi all,

My unit has worked great, except for one thing...

The headphone jack has developed some sort of subtle loose connection, where it must need resoldering. When I press the side of the headphone mini-jack, I lose sound in one channel. I have been using one of thos 90 degree angle adapters to reduce stress, but I think it was already loose by the time I started using it. The question is this:

Should I send it back to Archos before the warranty expires or should I try to have a friend fix it for me? If I send it to Archos, does anyone know the turnaround?

Thanks for the help,

Seth