Subject: Re: Replacement Unit from Archos

Re: Replacement Unit from Archos

From: Frederik Möllers <>
Date: 2004-12-05

I think the best way is to send it to Archos before the warranty expires.
They even fixed my broken display with no comment when I sent it to them.
And you can be sure that you'll get a fully operational unit back, because
if they can't fix it, they'll have to send you a new one.

> Hi all,
> My unit has worked great, except for one thing...
> The headphone jack has developed some sort of subtle loose connection,
> where it must need resoldering. When I press the side of the headphone
> mini-jack, I lose sound in one channel. I have been using one of thos 90
> angle adapters to reduce stress, but I think it was already loose by the
> I started using it. The question is this:
> Should I send it back to Archos before the warranty expires or should I
> try to have a friend fix it for me? If I send it to Archos, does anyone
> the turnaround?
> Thanks for the help,
> Seth

GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz