Subject: Creative Labs Zen Xtra

Creative Labs Zen Xtra

From: Jason Williams <>
Date: 2004-12-07

I bought a Zen 40 GB unit but I haven't received it yet.

Three things I noticed in the manual...

It says :
#1. You can't leave the unit plugged in all the time (I always have my archos plugged in at my office)
#2. You should not load the unit to capacity because of battery constraints (then why make it that big?)
#3. It says that you can't use it as a hard drive through windows explorer even though people have reported doing it.

Can the Zen be reprogrammed with Rockbox? I already don't like their O/S and i've only just read about it...
My mailbox is spam-free with ChoiceMail, the leader in personal and corporate anti-spam solutions. Download your free copy of ChoiceMail from