Subject: Re: Creative Labs Zen Xtra

Re: Creative Labs Zen Xtra

From: BlueChip <>
Date: 2004-12-07

1. Rockbox has some quite tricky battery algorithms. Even still, I would
never leave it leave it plugged permanently, as by their chemical nature,
batteries prefer the drain-recharge cycle and not to do it any more than is
necessary. See for (too much) detail. And I would
certainly _never_ do it with the native Archos firmware.

2. Weirdness - are they saying that you should not try to transfer 40GB of
stuff in one go? Or are they saying that the last nGB of the drive cannot
be used?

I know nothing of the innards of the Zen so I could not comment on whether
it is "possible" to port Rockbox or not - my instinct says "no" because of
all their security crap - otherwise you are looking at a LOT of hard work
over the next few months :(