Subject: Re: that plastic sheet (general comments on HD replacement)

Re: that plastic sheet (general comments on HD replacement)

From: George Michaelson <>
Date: 2004-12-08

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:57:55 +0100 Linus Nielsen Feltzing <>

>George Michaelson wrote:
>> Kind had me wondering why there are *four* touchpads under the 3 buttons
>of> a recorder screen.
>The fourth one is the UP key.

It looks to be pressed by the middle button in the three-row complex too.

>> (the how-to-take-apart-an-archos texts could maybe
>> stress that you DO NOT HAVE TO take off the front plate just to do a
>disk> upgrade, because if you do, those buttons are going to fly all over
>the> place..)
>:-) Which text are you referring to BWT? There are lots of them.

The two external HD upgrade photo sites linked at: under External Pages.

Are there lots? I only saw these two, external. Is there one which is
'internal' to the project?

>> Also, I didn't use a PC to set any of the on-disk options. Am I right in
>> thinking Rockbox sets them into the 'rockbox optimal' form anyway?
>Which options are you talking about?

the ones listed under Info->Debug->Disk Info.

        IORDY Support
        PIO Modes
        Read ahead
        Noise mgt
        Power mgt

George Michaelson       |  APNIC
Email:    |  PO Box 2131 Milton
Phone: +61 7 3858 3150  |  QLD 4064 Australia
  Fax: +61 7 3858 3199  |