Subject: Re: 2.3 Manual - draft available

Re: 2.3 Manual - draft available

From: Philipp Pertermann <>
Date: 2004-12-08

> Christ Alice Scarborough wrote:
> I shall be completing my final read through over the next couple of
> days, so please let me know of any mistakes you can spot ASAP.

Thank you for your work! Especially for polishing my draft documentation
of the split editor.

On page 61 you write

"It will appear as the song plays and help to visually identify the
point in time where the split is desired"

Doesn't the word appear suggest that the waveform appears at once? But
when you start the editor the waveform initially is blank and builds up
in real time as the song plays along. That's why I used "builds up" in
the wiki.

On page 62 you write
"This mode is best used when playing the song
outside of the borders of the displayed region."

Actually when the split point indicator reaches the end of the displayed
region the displayed region is recalculated and "moves" along. So you
can't really play anything outside the displayed region.

Please consider that english is not my native language.
Thanks again for your effort