Subject: Re: midrange EQ

Re: midrange EQ

From: Jon Drukman <jsd_at_cluttered.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:56:11 -0800

BlueChip wrote:
> Audio_3587 is my little plugin GUI which controls MOST of what can be
> done with the DAC ...the only thing not in there is (afaik) the Karaoke
> feature on the DAC which I had planned to do as a seperate plugin with
> +cdg support.

i downloaded your 2.2 version with audio_3587 - it looks to me like all
the same controls are present in the official 2.3 release, just with
different names and a different UI (the "in and out" menu scheme instead
of the all on one page scheme). plus yours has that really sexy graphic
  display of the MDB settings.

> The other thing is, that it seems you are wanting to loose about the
> only batch of frequencies that have no direct control - have you tried
> upping all the others and turning the volume/gain down? ...again, if
> you know what frequencies are boosting by name, you may also find the
> fine control on the gain in Audio_3587 to be beneficial to your challenge?

interesting. i may be mistaken that it's in the midrange. the treble
setting seems to affect most of the really painful frequencies. if i
turn it down a lot it gets better, although of course then i miss the
high end. i'll have to play around with the headphones and my serious
parametric EQ gear at home to find out what the really offensive
frequencies are.

thanks.

-jsd-