Subject: Battery life achievement

Battery life achievement

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 2004-12-13

My JBR is equipped with an 80gb drive and about 6 month old 2300 mah
batteries from Thomas Distributing. Running the latest official RockBox
release. All music is 128kbps. At noon yesterday I turned the JBR on to
play Christmas music for a family get-together. It played continuously
until about 2 AM when I went to bed. The battery monitor was indicating
6% and flashing but the player was still playing.

In light of all the short battery life stories I've seen, I thought I'd
post some good news. I have run this thing nearly 24 hours on a charge
playing back 32kbps audio books. 14 hours on a charge playing music is
about all I'd ever ask of a player.

I do know that the new hard drive made a difference. I've never
quantified it but the difference is apparent just watching the battery
gauge downward rate.

John

---
John De Armond