Subject: Re: Creative Labs Zen Xtra

Re: Creative Labs Zen Xtra

From: Burelli Luca 435260/IF <>
Date: 2004-12-13

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Tjerk Schuringa wrote:

> I'd say ditch the friggin' PoS! Creative (and also iRiver, for that matter) are
> OUT as their shitty products are crippled beyond belief in a mistaken effort to
> impose their idiot interpretation of DRM. I believe that Cowon (iAudio) makes
> decent players that behave like a storage device (like any mp3 player should,
> including my beloved Jeukbox!)

iRiver players (H-1xx and H-3xx at least) actually DO behave like a
storage device ... and if it wasn't for the firmware bugs, these would
be almost perfect, not only decent, IMHO.

"I have seen things you people would not believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion.  C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser
Gate.  But... all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
                                      (Roy Batty, from Blade Runner, 1982)
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
  - against HTML email  X
              & vCards / \