Subject: Re: Creative Labs Zen Xtra

Re: Creative Labs Zen Xtra

From: Tjerk Schuringa <>
Date: 2004-12-13

--- wrote:

> The iRiver players (except as far as I'm aware the latest version of the
> US model of the H3xx series) have NO DRM. Certainly none of their
> European models have DRM.

Maybe the HD players don't have DRM but if you download and check the manual
for the iRiver iFP-899 flash-based player there most certainly is DRM. It does
not behave like a plug-and-play storage device. You need a file manager
(windoze only of course) and you can't upload mp3s from the player to a PC. A
bit like Billy Gatez' "Plays for sure" meaning "Fucked for sure". I must admit
though that I didn't find this particular phrase on iRiver's site. Creative
however definitely will go for it.

Do you Yahoo!?