Subject: Re: modding the hard drive

Re: modding the hard drive

From: j c <>
Date: 2004-12-14

the version 1s are easy enough to take apart - there's
loads of info on this & i personally wouldn't waste my
money on a practice one. i dont know about V2s.

the only thing i found tricky was formatting the drive
with FAT32. theres loads of info on that around too
tho if you look.

i'd personally definately go for 80gigs as it's
surprising how quick you fill up. i've had no problem
with mine. I got my travelstar drive from ebay -
UK.(It was new & sealed) I know the US discount web
sites are even cheaper - if you're in the US that is.