Subject: OT: Linux question

OT: Linux question

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 2004-12-14

this is totally off-topic but I know there are a lot of linux gurus here.

I just installed Debian Woody stable on my file server to replace winders
98. I've had a hell of a time. Been away from Unix for 10+ years and
forgotten a bunch.

Anyway, my system has the IDE primary and secondary channels on the
motherboard plus a Promise FastTrack100 TX2 ultra-IDE controller in a
slot. All was fat and happy with winders. Knoppix booted, found and
mounted all the drives. SuSe live booted, found and mounted the drives
but for a variety of reasons, would not install. so I know there is a
driver out there for this card somewhere....

I've been to the Promise site (every Linux in the world except Debian
supported). I've googled my heart out. Anyone have any ideas where I
might find a driver for this card? I have woody on the machine and Sarge
on CDs so I can go either way.

Thanks,
John, old time Unix hack, first time Linux nube

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE@bellsouth.net
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/o/johngd/