Subject: Re: Implementing software codecs (for iRiver etc)

Re: Implementing software codecs (for iRiver etc)

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: 2004-12-14

WiZeR wrote:
> I would really like to see gapless playback, I listen to a lot of 'mixed'
> mp3s and spoken word which requires continuos sound

(looks like my other reply has got lost, so apologies if you read this
twice).

Basically, don't worry - you will see (hear) gapless playback on the iRiver.

The only exception I was talking about was when switching (for example)
from playing an MP3 file to playing a FLAC file. But even in that case,
the main developers don't think that will be a problem and that we can
have multiple codecs "active" at the same time.

Dave.