Subject: RE: Implementing software codecs (for iRiver etc)

RE: Implementing software codecs (for iRiver etc)

From: Stuart Tedford <>
Date: 2004-12-14

> The limitation I was talking about only applies
> when different tracks from the same disk are encoded in different file
> formats.
This could happen quite a lot if a DJ was using the JB to play music. I'd
imagine the DJ would also require crossfading of the tracks as well. So it
would actually be quite useful to support up to 2 codecs at once.

> I was just trying to save resources by suggesting that we only need one
> active codec at a time.
Keep up the suggestions, it is the best way for all of us (even
non-technical) users to have input into the design.