Subject: RE: Fw: Creative Labs Zen Xtra

RE: Fw: Creative Labs Zen Xtra

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:46:28 -0000

AFAIK yes they all do it, allthough only if you have the poweroff setting
enabled - ie. cutting power to the drive, that erases the cache.

I agree, it would be great if the internal drive firmware was changed to
allow the cache to be nearly emptied before the actual disk spun up again.
Maybe one day a drive manufacturer will do this, especially now that the
portable drive market is not limited to laptops anymore.

Stu.