Subject: Re: OT: Linux question

Re: OT: Linux question

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 2004-12-14

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:49:15 -0500, Jerry Van Baren
<gerald.vanbaren@smiths-aerospace.com> wrote:

>I don't know anything about the FastTrak100 driver but Google seems
>to... searching "Promise FastTrak100 linux debian"
>
>Turns up
>which appears to be very informative. Also
> http://www.wlug.org.nz/SoftwareRaid?version=4
>
>You are jumping right into RAID OOOOOoooooooooooooo you are brave ;-).
>This is considerably more complex than non-RAID. I don't have any
>experience with RAID, so I'm especially impressed.

Thanks. I must not have made it that far down the Google results. Either
that or I had the Mighty Google on its knees from all my searching this
weekend...

I'd like to bask in your admiration but no, no RAID. This is the little
controller that Western Digital packs in with their large drives. It came
with a 250 gig drive. I suppose, mainly to get the bios capable of
handling the large drives. Nice fast little controller under Winders.
I'm going to cross myself several times, anoint myself with holy water and
say a few prayers and then tiptoe in to what Bjorn recommends about
updating my kernel.

John

---
John De Armond