Subject: Re: modding HD, neuros

Re: modding HD, neuros

From: DavÝ­ Geirsson <>
Date: 2004-12-16

Are you talking about the AJR v1? If so, which soldering are you
referring to? I had to dismantle mine recently (a small repair, and it
was out of warranty anyway), and was very surprised at how easy it
was. Just eight screws to remove, some work on getting the bumpers out
(will bend the frame a bit, but you just bend it back at the end), and
you have a clear path to the HD.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:42:29 -0600, Jason Williams <> wrote:
> Wow. If anyone is considering doing this - PLEASE take pictures...I would
> love to put a bigger HD in my AJR
> Also, it sound like the Neuros will be the next stop for many of us when the
> AJR's finally give out...
> Quote Gary:
> Thats what stopped me from doing it for so long. But if you take the front
> cover off, bend the bottom of the back placte slightly, the hd slides right
> out, no soldering or de-soldering involved. Then put the new drive in,
> format with "Swiinife" and you are good to go in 30 minutes.
> Gary
> My mailbox is spam-free with ChoiceMail, the leader in personal and corporate anti-spam solutions. Download your free copy of ChoiceMail from

DavÝ­ Steinn Geirsson
Reykjavik, Iceland
+354 8696608