Subject: Re: Player flash package available :)

Re: Player flash package available :)

From: Jens Arnold <>
Date: 2004-12-17

>> These players do have the old lcd, which needs a different
>> init sequence. The biggest risk here is that the init
>> sequence is not fully tested, so it may happen that
>> rockbox
>> started from flash does not manage to properly initialize
>> the display -> you won't see anything.

>> You can always start with the archos image by holding "-"
>> while powering on (same as F1 for recorders). As a side
>> effect, you will have the latest archos ROM firmware version
>> available (5.08).

> Will even the most ancient players be happy with the init
> sequence in the Archos 5.08 firmware?

They should, I checked the archos disassemblies quite
thoroughly. Even the latest archos firmware versions contain the
inits for the older hardware. Especially the init sequence for
the old lcd is definitely still there, and selected according
to the ROM version (which is preserved by the firmware flash

Regards, Jens