Subject: Re: mp3ClipGen.vbs useful tip?

Re: mp3ClipGen.vbs useful tip?

From: Christ Alice Scarborough <>
Date: 2004-12-17

Rocker wrote:

> For those of you using the script mp3ClipGen.vbs along with lame to generate
> folder names, I found it useful to be able to change the voice that was
> being used. If anyone is interested, and you have other SAPI 5 compliant
> speech engines installed on your XP box, you can easily change the default
> voice by using the speech applet under control panel. Just go into the text

I really wish the default voice was nicer, You can pick up some
reasonable SAPI 4 voices on the Net, but unfortunately MP3clipgen isn't
likely ever to support SAPI 4 due to a stupid Microsoft bug, I believe.

Maybe there'll be a recent speech synthesis program on a magazine cover
disk sometime soon. :( I hate having my JB talk to me in badly
pronounced American.