Subject: Re: Flashing a Studio 20

Re: Flashing a Studio 20

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2004-12-21

Hello Frederik

> I recently saw that Jens made Rockbox flashable on players. So
> I installed the new version, downloaded the package and
> followed all the instructions from the wiki and the package's
> readme. I have the .bin file in the root directory (not

That's the correct position.

> .rockbox) and I have ROM Version 5.06 and Archos 5.08 so it
> should work. But now when I try to start "firmware_flash.rock"

The risk should be relatively low, since these are the same
versions as mine, yes.

> It says "Wrong Boot ROM". Why that? I ca`n't see any reason
> why it shouldn't work... But maybe that's because it's the
> first time flashing for me ^^

It seems that you have a very interesting box, which neither has
the well-known boot ROM v1, nor is it a ROM-less variant (which
btw. is also not yet flashable if it is a player). It seems your
box has a *different* boot ROM. This would be the very first time
such a different boot ROM is observed!

Please go to Info->Debug->View HW info, then press "-" once,
and report the "RomCRC:" value, or whether it displays
"BootROM: no".

I *expect* it to display a RomCRC value, which is different from
222F. If this is the case, please go to Info->Debug->Dump ROM
contents. This will create 2 .bin files in the drive's root.
Please zip both, and send them to me for analysis.

Regards, Jens