Subject: Re: Flashing a Studio 20

Re: Flashing a Studio 20

From: [IDC]Dragon <>
Date: 2004-12-21

> I recently saw that Jens made Rockbox flashable on players. So I installed
> the new version, downloaded the package and followed all the instructions
> >from the wiki and the package's readme. I have the .bin file in the root
> directory (not .rockbox) and I have ROM Version 5.06 and Archos 5.08 so it
> should work. But now when I try to start "firmware_flash.rock" It says
> "Wrong Boot ROM". Why that? I ca`n't see any reason why it shouldn't
> work...
> But maybe that's because it's the first time flashing for me ^^

Interesting case. Maybe your boot ROM is different, or you hace a ROMless
Can you send me and/or Jens a dump of your flash? Those to .bin files which
get created from the debug menu option.
In any case, don't try to "force" the flashing, if it doesn't like to

Psssst! Mit GMX Handyrechnung senken:
100 FreeSMS/Monat (GMX TopMail), 50 (GMX ProMail), 10 (GMX FreeMail)