Subject: Re: Difficulty knowing whether I'm on "record" or "pause"

Re: Difficulty knowing whether I'm on "record" or "pause"

From: John covici <>
Date: 2004-12-21

As a blind user what seems more sensible to me is that the only time I
would need the prompt is after I start the recording and then when I
pause a prompt would be nice and the delay would not matter then and I
guess I could do without the prompt for the next recording so I would
get the full 30 seconds of prerecord time -- how about that?

on Tuesday 12/21/2004 BlueChip( wrote
> >>Hi, I have the same problem, and the only way I've found round it is
> >>this, get to the recording screen option on the menu, then press the play
> >>button twice.
> >
> >Yes. Once to get to the recording screen, and then one more time to
> >start the recording. Not *that* complicated, imho, but of course it gets
> >more complicated when you want to do several recordings without audio feedback.
> >
> >>If the developers could somehow change the voice prompts so they say
> >>"recording" when it's activated, and "pause record when in that mode
> >>or something similar, it would help very much.
> >
> >That is unfortunately not possible, since the MAS chip can't play MP3 data
> >when in recording mode.
> What would prevent Rockbox from flicking over to "play mode", saying
> "recording" and then flicking back to "record mode" and start ...there
> would obviously be a 1 second(ish) delay before recording started - but I
> get the feeling that the blind-users would be prepared to pay that price?
> BC

         John Covici