Subject: Re: Difficulty knowing whether I'm on "record" or "pause"

Re: Difficulty knowing whether I'm on "record" or "pause"

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2004-12-21

John covici wrote:

> As a blind user what seems more sensible to me is that the only time I
> would need the prompt is after I start the recording

I assume you mean when you enter the recording screen? You can't get a
prompt when you have started the recording.

> and then when I pause a prompt would be nice

When you pause (i.e press Play to pause) the MAS is still in recording
mode. If we enter Play mode here, the file will be corrupted, since the
last frame is still in the MAS memory and will be lost when leaving the
recording mode.

> and the delay would not matter then and I guess I could do without
> the prompt for the next recording so I would
> get the full 30 seconds of prerecord time -- how about that?

It will not prerecord when you pause the recording, only when you stop it.

Maybe you mean "stop" when you say "pause"?

If you do mean stop, then I'd say that your idea is feasible.

Linus