Subject: Re: Difficulty knowing whether I'm on "record" or "pause"

Re: Difficulty knowing whether I'm on "record" or "pause"

From: John covici <>
Date: 2004-12-21

Well, what I was thinking of probably is not feasible because what I
was looking for is that when I press play button while in a recording
-- and I guess you would have to write the frame to disk to do this
--- then it would say pause. If I am in just the recording screen,
pressing play and not hearing a prompt is not such a big deal to me,
the harder part would be to use the pause/record sequence
effectively. I guess there are always limitations to these things.

The iriver port may be more flexible in that way, I imagine.

on Tuesday 12/21/2004 Linus Nielsen Feltzing( wrote
> John covici wrote:
> > As a blind user what seems more sensible to me is that the only time I
> > would need the prompt is after I start the recording
> I assume you mean when you enter the recording screen? You can't get a
> prompt when you have started the recording.
> > and then when I pause a prompt would be nice
> When you pause (i.e press Play to pause) the MAS is still in recording
> mode. If we enter Play mode here, the file will be corrupted, since the
> last frame is still in the MAS memory and will be lost when leaving the
> recording mode.
> > and the delay would not matter then and I guess I could do without
> > the prompt for the next recording so I would
> > get the full 30 seconds of prerecord time -- how about that?
> It will not prerecord when you pause the recording, only when you stop it.
> Maybe you mean "stop" when you say "pause"?
> If you do mean stop, then I'd say that your idea is feasible.
> Linus

         John Covici