Subject: Difficulty in knowing wheterh I'm recording or not

Difficulty in knowing wheterh I'm recording or not

From: Kathy Szinnyey/Fred Otto <fredkate_at_iglou.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:15:58 -0500

...hook the remote control port up to your ear-lobe and generate a small
electric shock - LOL Ouch!

Okay, so yous guys are just about the coolest hacks I know. Okay, so maybe my flattery won't get me anywhere, but I do hope you all think about this some more. I'd just like to know, as a totally blind person, whether I'm recording or paused. It's such a sad moment in my day when I think I've pressed that play button twice only to discover somehow I still wasn't recording!

On another subect . . . Why do we sometimes get weird sounds from the hard drive during a recording? My husband and I were recording a performance, and we went back to listen to it, there were a couple of odd squeals that came from out of nowhere. Seemed to somehow be coming from the hard drive.

Thanks for all your help and for all the interesting discussion.

Kathy Szinnyey