Subject: Difficulty in knowing wheterh I'm recording or not

Difficulty in knowing wheterh I'm recording or not

From: John covici <>
Date: 2004-12-21

Well, one way you can know if you are recording is if the hard drive
makes noise once in a while -- may take a couple of minutes, but you
will certainly know.

I get those noises with the internal Mic only, are you getting them
from Line in?

on Tuesday 12/21/2004 Kathy Szinnyey/Fred Otto( wrote
> ...hook the remote control port up to your ear-lobe and generate a small
> electric shock - LOL Ouch!
> Okay, so yous guys are just about the coolest hacks I know. Okay, so maybe my flattery won't get me anywhere, but I do hope you all think about this some more. I'd just like to know, as a totally blind person, whether I'm recording or paused. It's such a sad moment in my day when I think I've pressed that play button twice only to discover somehow I still wasn't recording!
> On another subect . . . Why do we sometimes get weird sounds from the hard drive during a recording? My husband and I were recording a performance, and we went back to listen to it, there were a couple of odd squeals that came from out of nowhere. Seemed to somehow be coming from the hard drive.
> Thanks for all your help and for all the interesting discussion.
> Kathy Szinnyey

         John Covici