Subject: Re: Flashing a Studio 20

Re: Flashing a Studio 20

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:15:17 +0100 (MET)

> You were right, Jens. My RomCRC Value was not 2FFF, instead it was D818.

Very strange subject. You indeed seem to have a different boot ROM than the
rest of the known Archos rockboxin' world. This is no romless variant, the
content is different from the flash. Plus, the populated content is
relatively small, plausible to be a boot loader.
So we have to disassemble and see...

> Anyway, I won't be able to tell you any more information about my Box,
> because I'll have to send it to Archos for repairs (the charging circuit
> is
> broken).
> So I'm glad of course if you find out something, I just won't be able to
> test anything for a while ;)

Oh, what a pity.

Jörg

--
+++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
AKTION für Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben