Subject: Re: more gmails for xmas

Re: more gmails for xmas

From: Tom Norris <>
Date: 2004-12-28

Nicolas Touillaud wrote:
> the ads are quite discrete (no image, just 4 lines of text in the left
> collum), but maybe google target an inconcious level :) But there is
> no ad using pop3/smtp (or so I believe, I've never received a gmail
> message this way)

I Confirm the no ads on pop3 using SSL. (they REQUIRE it, which makes me
happy. They also give directions with screencaps on how to do it on the
popular browsers, like outlook and thunderbird and whatnot)
I use my gmail through mozilla thunderbird and I use my smtp from my
website, and it works fine.
I believe google offers a smtp server.

That being said, if anyone else wants invites, let me know.

-- Tom