Subject: Re: Playlist creation

Re: Playlist creation

From: Christian Marg <>
Date: 2004-12-29

Mark Bright wrote:
> I want to leave my rockbox set to random play, and create an ordered
> playlist in every music folder. Then if I want an album played in order - I
> play the playlist, else I just play a track from the folder.

Well, you can't play an album in order from a sorted playlist with
Rockbox in Random play because it shuffles Playlists after loading...

You might of course set your Rockbox to ordered play and use
pre-shuffled Playlists for "random"-Play...

Otherwise one would have to change the way Rockbox handles Playlists.
Perhaps an "Open With"-Plugin like "Load Playlist and set Random mode
until next Playlist is loaded" or "Load Playlist and shuffle it, Save it
to 'default playlist'" also would do it.

Don't know what would be easier, or if anyone would be willing to code it...