Subject: Re: PlayList Synch

Re: PlayList Synch

From: Mike Holden <>
Date: 2004-12-29

Eddie said:
> Hi All,
> This might be a bit of Topic, but It's related the my ABJR. Does anyone
> know of any software that would allow me to just take any playlist
> pointing to a bunch of files in different directories, and transfer
> them into my ABJR (I have a lot of files and it would take me a very
> log time to do this manually, And I update this playlist often)? I've
> looked everywhere and have not been able to find anything. Please
> advise.

I have a Perl program that will do this. It requires a directory (folder)
structure that matches the one that I use, but it wouldn't be difficult to
adapt it to something a bit different.

You would need Perl installed on your PC for this to work, which can be
downloaded and installed for free.

It examined evey playlist file in the top level of your disk structure,
and copies all mp3 files from a master area on another disk.

Mike Holden
Rockbox page: