Subject: Re: Ondio128 UartBoot flashing

Re: Ondio128 UartBoot flashing

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:58:42 +0100 (MET)

> Ive got an Ondio 128 that needs re-flashing.

Have you flashed it with Rockbox already? (Didn't sound like so.) Then it'll
be easier, with MiniMon present in the bootloader.

> The unit will not boot anymore, it freezes. (old archos firmware
> v1.31C ..)

And you're sure it's the flash? No hardware defect?

> Also i cannot access it via USB.
> Can i use the uart boot way of reflashing it with rockbox?
> Has anyome here managed to do this?

Yes you can, I did so.

> Has the procedure been documented for the Ondio anywhere?

Ahem, not yet. In essence, I used a piece of copper striped prototyping PCB
to build an MMC adapter. The serial signals you'll need are identical to the
ones driving the MMC.

If you have the rockbox bootloader in flash, you only need to hold "Right"
on power-up to have MiniMon ready. If not, you need to pull those LCD lines
low, tricky. I have made a dummy LCD strip with the necessary 3 lines tied
to ground. Tricky to build, but way more easy to use than finding and
tapping those pins.

> Thanks for any help, seems a shame to throw the unit away..

If you can't avoid it, throw it in my direction ;-)

Jörg

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail