Subject: Re: recording problem

Re: recording problem

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:35:22 +0000

Rob,

I can't comment on your Rockbox problems, but if you are serious about
recording radio, I would definitely recommend buying either a DAB or DVB
(either satellite or terrestrial) receiver card for your PC.

DAB (and DVB) radio broadcasts using "MP2" compression which is similar
to MP3. PC receivers are able to save this MP2 data directly to a file,
and your Archos will happilly play back those MP2 files in the same way
as MP3 files. Apart from ease of use, you are also getting a broadcast
quality recording - listening to the MP2 data via your Archos will be
the same quality as listening to a live broadcast.

This was the main reason I bought my Archos - to listen to the MP2 radio
recordings I make.

Dave.