Subject: *Panic* ATA error

*Panic* ATA error

From: Banzaitron I <>
Date: 2005-01-04

I just tried turning on my v2 recorder this morning,
when to my horror it just started making clicking and
clunking noises over and over, stuck on the rockbox
boot screen. Eventually I got the panic ATA error
msg, and one time I got what appeared to be a hex dump
screen. I tried booting into archos' firmware with F1
and it still clunks and hangs. Is there any hope of
recovering this drive or is it toast? Assuming it's
dead, I suppose I'll need to look into the HD upgrade.
 Is there a dummy's guide to replacing the HD in the
archos out there anywhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you Yahoo!?