Subject: Re: multivolume for harddisk models, too?

Re: multivolume for harddisk models, too?

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-01-05

> >A very special application would be a home HD player from a scrapped
> Archos,
> >with 2 disk drives, or a Compact Flash slot. This would require a little
> >addition to the ATA driver, treating the drive# parameter for a
> master/slave
> >decision. Right now only the MMC driver supports 2 drives.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna implement this. ;-)

> How would the USB chip handle this?
> Would it still be possible to get data on and off the two drives easily?

If I read the datasheet correct, the ISD300 only supports one drive, but it
will detect master or slave. In you home HD player you could switch one away
in USB mode. Not very elegant, though. But 2*138 GB is nice Rockboxing.

Jrg

--
+++ GMX - die erste Adresse fr Mail, Message, More +++
1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail