Subject: Re: iRiver audio hardware

Re: iRiver audio hardware

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: 2005-01-06

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Sarai D. Bucciarelli wrote:

> and the 3 series of devices would have them in color, right? How would the
> Rockbox handle announcing the photos? Is there a way that Rockbox could
> describe the images, like Jaws can read some images?

Rockbox doesn't even exist on the 1XX series yet, and is even further away
from the 3xx series. What Rockbox might and might not do on a future possible
port to the iRiver 3XX series is very hard to guess now.

Let's wait and see if we first make Rockbox just run on the unit. Then we'll
see if someone makes it show colour images nicely. When (or if) that works
(and it'll be many months from now), we can start discussing more advanced

  Daniel Stenberg -- --