Subject: Re: Flashing a Studio 20

Re: Flashing a Studio 20

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2005-01-08

Hello Frederik

> You were right, Jens. My RomCRC Value was not 2FFF, instead it
> was D818.

I analyzed your boot ROM to a certain degree. The code looks
quite similar to the known ROM, so I have enabled flashing for
players with this boot ROM. It should be quite safe (but of
course I don't guarantee anything).

> Anyway, I won't be able to tell you any more information about
> my Box, because I'll have to send it to Archos for repairs
> (the charging circuit is broken).
> So I'm glad of course if you find out something, I just won't
> be able to test anything for a while ;)

When you get back your box, you might now try flashing it. Just
use a daily build of 2005-01-08 or later.

Regards, Jens