Subject: Autorun.inf on Jukebox FM

Autorun.inf on Jukebox FM

From: Michael Elsdörfer <elsdoerfer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-01-08

Hi!

I'm trying this now for hours, but it just won't work. Anybody here managed
to enable autorun on an archos jukebox?

Mine (a FM model) registers itself as a "fixed disk" in windows, and
according to Microsoft
(http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/usbfaq.mspx) that is actually
a requirement: "If you need to make a USB storage device perform Autorun,
the device must not be marked as a removable media device and the device
must contain an Autorun.inf file and a startup application."

Nevertheless, even though it detects the Autorun.inf on my Windows XP Pro
machine (it adds an "AutoPlay" context menu item, when I double click on the
drive item, it executes the commands), this does not happen automatically
when I plug the player in?

Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks,

Michael