Subject: Re: Playback channel configuration in rockbox - suggestions & survey

Re: Playback channel configuration in rockbox - suggestions & survey

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: 2005-01-09

At 14:18 08/01/2005, you wrote:
>Jens Arnold wrote:
>>Now a question arises: What to do with the old channel settings
>>5..7 ? Does anyone use them, or could these be removed completely?
>>I would vote for removing them. I can't think of an application
>>for the single channel mono modes, and setting Karaoke mode
>>makes the voice UI silent.

Remove Karaoke? Why not instead add a mic control to the karaoke feature
and have "karaoke" rather than "strip vocals"?

LOL - hey, a cheap ppu or c/v clock hooked up to the serial would allow the
full blown thing with original graphics CD+G graphics on your TV :) (note:
honest if not too serious.)

Love the sliding stereo mix idea :)

If you're adding features, the one that I feel is missing from Rockbox
(present in Audio_3587) is "MONO-LOUD" ...this is perfect for quickly
amplifying and cleaning up poor quality spoken-word recordings.

BC