Subject: Re: MP3 Ripping

Re: MP3 Ripping

From: Ed MacDaniel <deadword_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 09:35:15 -0800

When you open the ripping window (i.e. Audio CD Input window), there's a
"button" labeled "Options." Click on it, and there's a line called
"File Creation." On the right side of the line is "Edit." Here you can
set up how you want the files to be named. I have it set up for a
single artist's CD to by "Artist - Album - Track Number XX - Track".
For a multiple artist CD, I select "Album - Track Number XX - Artist -
Track"

Unless you want all the tracks to go into the same folder, you'll need
to select a new destination folder each time in "Options" > "Rip to Folder"

You can change the ripping parameters using the "Rip To" drop menu and
"Settings" to change from MP3 (Blade) to MP3 (Lame) or whichever you
choose. The Lame option allows more flexibility in the ripping (i.e.
fixed bit rate or variable bit rate). In the Settings sub window,
there's an Advanced Settings button for Lame, and this is where you
change the bit rate for Lame. No such Advanced button for Blade, just
the settings sub window with a drop menu for the bit rate (no variable
bit rate option).

I admit it is a bit easier to rip using EAC to MP3, and because of this
I am thinking of doing all my ripping using EAC from now on. It is a bit
more flexible on setting up one's parameters. I just need to change the
ingrained habit of using dBpowerAMP for it. Though I will continue to
use dBpowerAMP for converting existing file formats (especially FLAC and
SHN).

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of
five." Groucho Marx