Subject: Archos Jukebox stops in Middle Of Song.

Archos Jukebox stops in Middle Of Song.

From: Aditya Siram <aditya_siram_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2005-01-10

Hi all,
I just upgraded my Jukebox to a new hard drive and I am having some trouble
with it.

Equipment
-----------------
Archos Jukebox Recorder 20
Toshiba 80GB 4200RPM Notebook Hard Drive, Model HDD2188/MK8025GAS,
Rockbox v2.4

The Problem
--------------------
My Archos Jukebox often fades out about 5 seconds into a song and goes back
to the directory listing. If I try and play another song the backlight
starts flashing and I hear a faint ticking from the inside.

Things That Might Have Lead Upto The Problem
*About 3 weeks ago, the original 20GB hard drive started ticking
*I replaced it with a Toshiba 80GB notebook drive as per instructions on the
Rockbox site.
*I partitioned the 80GB to 50/30 for Music and Data respectively and
formatted the partitions into FAT 32 filesystems using Linux's mkfs.vfat.

Other Problems That Are Possibly Related
*When I unplug the USB cord it stays on the USB logo forever.
*When I unplug the power cord, it stays on the charge screen forever,

At first I thought it might be another faulty hard-drive, but I was able to
see it and interact with it (copying/organizing music/data files) on my
computer. Doesn't this show that the hard drive is working well? Is 80GB (or
should I say 50GB, since the Jukebox can only see the first partition)
perhaps too big for Archos to handle?

Thanks...
Deech