Subject: Re: Gmini?

Re: Gmini?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:50:42 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Joseph Jones wrote:

> I've been keeping an eye on the CVS list and it seems that a lot of work is
> being committed towards porting Rockbox to the Gmini. How's the work going?
> Up until now I thought that the iRivers were our best bet for a port.

I've been trying to persuade the Gmini hackers to announce this fact on the
list...

Jean-Philippe Bernardy ('jyp' on IRC) has ported the core stuff in the Rockbox
kernel to the calmrisc (that is the CPU of the Gmini 100 series at least).

The Gmini 120 and 220 seem very good researched, hardware wise by
http://www.donat.org/archos/, so it has good chances to get Rockbox working on
it.

We need to make the playback in software on Gmini too (similar to iRiver).