Subject: Re: Gmini?

Re: Gmini?

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:54:28 +0000

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> We need to make the playback in software on Gmini too (similar to iRiver).

I've only looked briefly at the technical dissection of the Gmini, but
it seems to have an 80MHz CPU plus DSP facilities. Does that mean that
DSP programming is required for the more complex software codecs? Or
have I misunderstood it.

Like many (I assume), I'm looking to upgrade my JBR to something capable
of playing more codecs (including FLAC, if and when Rockbox runs on
them). Is there any reason for me to look at the Gmini instead of the
iRiver?

Regards,

Dave.