Subject: Re: un-plugging the drive

Re: un-plugging the drive

From: Menachem Shapiro <menachem.shapiro_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-01-10

B"H
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:46:44 +0100, Jens Arnold <arnold-j@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello Glenn
>
> For the non-working autorun.inf, I guess this has to do with the
> drive type that this drive is registered as, or maybe with the
> user rights. Here are the MSKB articles that cover these
> questions:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;136214
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314855
>
> The first article states that it applies to Win95 and Win98, but
> the setting is still there in WinXP (and conveniently a per-user
> setting).
>
> Hth, Jens

Here is a link to a very good microsoft article that shows how to set
the different "NoDriveTypeAutoRun" registry options to get different
drives to autorun (sorry for the long link).
<http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/93502.asp>

Menachem

--
Are you interested in using Linux?
Download Libranet 2.8.1 for free and try it out.