Subject: Re: un-plugging the drive

Re: un-plugging the drive

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:52:03 -0500

I was going to recommend this utiliy but could not remember its name. I
use it with a little command line utility called SlickRun. I have it set
up as a macro called "ar". SR puts a tiny little window on the screen. I
keep it down just over the clock on the taskbar. In addition to running
this macro, it can run command line utilities without having to open a cmd
window.

It still takes two invocations to free the archos on most occasions but
it's as quick as "ar<ret>ar<ret>

John

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:32:49 +0100, <joerch.net_at_web.de> wrote:

>if U wre under windoze, grab
>ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/listings/0316-208.zip
>
>that is a command line tool to deactivate external devices under windoze:
>
>for my archos:
>
>deveject "-EjectId:USB\VID_05AB&PID_0060\WWWW.ARCHOS.COMA"
>
>Joerch

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net