Subject: Broken Recorder v1

Broken Recorder v1

From: Sandra <914481_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:12:12 +0100

Hi,

I'm writing on behalf of a friend who doesn't have internet access and hope someone here might help us.

She has a Jukeboxrecorder 20 v1 whose hard drive seems to be broken. She had the recorder connected to the usb 1 port of her pc, to copy a large amount of data to it, and left it there for two hours or so. When she came back, the computer and the JB had crashed. When She restarted her JB after having recharged the batteries for some time, the hard drive made strange noises and after a while the JB displayed something like "Disk reset error". That happens when she starts the JB with rockbox as well as with the original firmware. We suppose that the hard drive is broken and that she has to put a new one into her JB. It would be helpful if someone here could either give detailed instructions on how to do this, or direct me to a site where I could find information on this. On the www.rockbox.org page I could only find instructions on how to change the hard drive of some player models but not of the recorder v1... I'd also like to know which specifications the hard drive has to have and if certain brands work better than others...

Thanks in advance for your help

Sandra.