Subject: Re: Please help! Trying to install 80 gig drive....

Re: Please help! Trying to install 80 gig drive....

From: Jason Williams <jwilliams_at_wi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 05:53:14 -0600

dermot,

first of all i'm not sure it's possible to make the case 100% perfect again
after you've bent it, but the good news is after two weeks i have not
noticed any difference.

you'll be even happier when you start using it. I have found that my
battery usage used to decline about 15% on my half hour ride home with the
old factory drive and now the battery indicator will stay at 100 for 1 hour
or more.

The other thing I've noticed is that I can't hear my rockbox anymore. The
old drive was quite noisy as it spun and accessed data. I almost never hear
my new drive (it sits about two feet from me on my desk at work).