Subject: Re: Please help! Trying to install 80 gig drive....

Re: Please help! Trying to install 80 gig drive....

From: Christian Marg <christian.marg_at_tu-clausthal.de>
Date: 2005-01-12

Hello...

Banzaitron I wrote:
> As a side note, is there a way to rule out the battery
> as the cause with a volt meter? I hooked up a
> voltmeter to each of the two cells and both read 4.2
> volts. I just want my mp3 player back before my trip
> to Mexico!!!!

V2->LiIon, 4,2V/cell means "Full". But did you measure when using the
device (loaded voltage) or did you measure after taking the cells out
(idle voltage)? If you measure the loaded voltage and it still is above,
 lets say 3,8 Volts (dunno the exact "should be"-values), you may rule
out the Batteries. If the Voltage collapses more than a little under
load, it may be the Batteries...

bye
Christian